Chickama II – 1942
Built in 1942 by the Purvis Company of Selkirk, the Chickama II operated as a passenger and freight vessel on Play Green Lake. Every spring she travelled north to Warren’s Landing to make regular trips through the shallow rocky waters to Norway house. She took the cargo from the S.S. Keenora who was unable to navigate the waters of the smaller lake.
The Chickama II was also used to push and pull barges with her 4 cylinder Gardner diesel engine.